Saturday, May 4, 2013

Practice, practice, practice!

Several weeks ago, I ventured out with the Austin Plein Air group at the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower center. I met some great artists, and got excited to paint outdoors again - even though my painting was not "a keeper."
Since then, we have painted at a ranch and during a lavender festival at a vineyard in the Texas hill country. I'm really enjoying getting to know this area, and the spring wild flowers are beautiful.
Today, I painted with a new friend from the plein air group at a park in Georgetown. She took a photo of me painting as the geese were walking by. Plein air painting is extremely challenging, and it takes a great deal of practice and am fairly happy with today's painting. I think I'm starting to make some progress.


Painting among my feathered friends in Georgetown


Blue Bonnets at the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center




Today's painting, 8x10, oil

No comments:

Post a Comment