Saturday, January 30, 2016

Plein Air


Salado Scene
Oil, plein air, 6 x 8


Today, January 30th, it was about 75 degrees and sunshine! It was an amazing day and I had to get outside to paint. I chose this scene from a small park in a lovely town, Salado, Texas. It's been too long since I've painted outside (plein air), and it's always a humbling experience. So much to take in, simplify and paint as quickly as possible as the light and shadows change before your eyes. I think the the 30 Paintings in 30 days challenge really helped me to get this one done onsite.




Today was the last official day in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge, or, as I am calling it, the Almost 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. I made it to 28 started and finished paintings, and I am quite happy with that. Thank you everyone for your feedback online and for putting up with the numerous blog posts, Facebook updates and Instagram photos. I hope you enjoyed my paintings. There will be many more to come this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment